Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with LG X-ign

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by HaroldDesign, Dec 17, 2008.

1. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Running a Mutoh 1604. Customer loves the "smooth" feel of the LG X-ign. Ordered the material and it is out of production due to material problems. "Super-smooth" blockout vinyls don't track well at all in this machine, and the smooth vinyls I've found are for water based printers and the color is washed out no matter how I profile them. I have no time!!! Please help!!!:banghead:

Tags:
  2. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    super smooth GMI

Try GMI super smooth, works well in the Mutoh1604

3. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you Robert, can't wait to give that a try! :thankyou:

4. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    I'm about to do a super smooth job too.... have to look into the GMI.

5. Color Dude

Color Dude Member

Jun 20, 2005
    I dont like that super smooth material. It almost cost me a customer. The ink in my opinion doesnt dig deep enough. I think mild or true solvent would probably work better.

Good Luck

6. Mass Signs

Mass Signs New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I too used X-ign on a customer

The LG guy dropped off a sample and a customer was in bull Shooting, loved it for a project he had so I bought a roll did the job. The Ink was slightly washed out and he complained, so I quickly re-did the job on 13oz banner (good client). Lesson here is Print Samples....
    I now use this material for clients with soft pastel-ish logos and even applied vinyl cut graphics to it as a base. Not about to waste a roll !!!