• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble with lights

blufftonsignguy

I won't disclose the manufacturer of the letters at this point due to a possibility of legal matters pending. Once I have some final answers, I will gladly disclose who it is without any hesitation. What I can not understand is why would a portion of the ribbon go out and not all of it?

The short answer is, that's LED's, and the failure rate is astronomical. A reason why some major retailer and programs have gone back to Fluorescent and Neon Lamps for their signs and lighting.

There is so much cheap stuff on the market. But without seen any real good shots of the actual strip or ribbon, ribbon being the worst it could be anything from a kink in the circuitry strip/board, wrong resistors for actual load and who knows who makes the chip maker is, is it a legit legal White LED manufacturer like CREE, Nichia, Toyoda Gosei? There is only like 5 mfg's who can make white legally, all others are company's that buy a licensing right to make, or their patent infringing when SOLD in the USA. This is why Nichia of Japan the most superior of all namely because of their high quality phosphors sued or threatened the crap out of everyone even the big boys like GE, Agilight, JT in the past.

As with all Chinese imports the quality control is not there, or they play switcheroo on the American "Engineered in America, Made in China" companies.

Like I said, we've been testing all the LED mfgs on the SS since 2008 and there are only a couple of products I would ever use.

Well, anyway...TMI