Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with PDF and File transfer

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Tagdog, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Tagdog

Tagdog Member

Apr 4, 2008
    I have Adobe CS3 (Illistrator and Photoshop) and Corel Draw 15. A customer is trying to send me a file she created in Power Point, it is a combination of Fonts and Images. I asked her to send it as a PDF. Everything is fuzy when I try to open the PDF. I was also having trouble since I did not have some of the Fonts. I am not familiar with Power Point. I did not want to print from a jpeg. Can you convert fonts to lines or curves in Power Point? Why is the PDF so fuzy when I try and user it in my programs? Does anyone have a possible solution. I undersand that Power Point is for presentations and I have Vector Programs but I still need to be able to print these.

Signs Up

Tags:
  2. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

I would assume the PDF contains and "image" of the Power Point @ a low resolution and not vector data.

3. Tagdog

Tagdog Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Is there any way to fix this and get a high resolution image?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    have it created in the proper program...most likely will have to redraw it for them...

5. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    It's "fuzzy" because Powerpoint is a presentation program that is intended for screen viewing, so the DPI is 72, 96 max with an overall pixel count of probably something like 1024x768. Likely the PDF is just a rasterized image of each slide as well.

Recreate it from scratch, charge for it. This is what the "acceptable file formats" part of your submission guidelines is for.

6. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Have images sent separately, packaged in a zipped file folder.