• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble with Versaworks

D3G

I'm having an error message when I try to add a job to the que. The error says the file I'm bringing in is corrupt. The file is a Corel Draw file that was exported as an EPS file. The file has some transparencies and some graduated fills. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

cdiesel

Corel has issues with exporting .eps files, especially with transparencies.

Try creating a bitmap of the image you want (keep a copy for the cutpath if there is one). Then export that file, without the transparencies. Also, if the canvas is large, you might run into issues.

Andreas

Corel has issues with exporting .eps files, especially with transparencies.

Try creating a bitmap of the image you want (keep a copy for the cutpath if there is one). Then export that file, without the transparencies. Also, if the canvas is large, you might run into issues.

Its not only Corel that has trouble with transparancy. If you create a eps in Illustrator that has transparancy and a cutline, the cutline will be printed in magenta insted of beeing cut.

I have usually created two files, one for printing and one for cutting, when this has happened.

Mason

.eps is transparencies are incompatible with spot colors, which "CutContour" happens to be.
You need to flatten your transparencies before exporting as an eps.