• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Troubleshooting - Ink Out during printing...

methogod

Using a older HP8000s (Seiko re-branded). Using bulk ink with the chips disabled. Have no issues with regard to quality or banding (most of that is low quality material), printing a 80" retractable yesterday, with light coverage.

Ink strip is always ON

maybe 40" into it a see loss of ink on the Light Cyan and Light Magenta....

Pumps are all working and most are new

Capping stations are not more then a year old, and feel ok.

Print Heads are all working with exception to one nozzel on the Black Head.

Replaced the Damper on the Magenta head about 6 months back. ALl Damper's looked out, no air bubbles except for CYAN.

Total Meter:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 79

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't have any experience with this machine but I will throw in my .02.

Cap tops generally last about a year. Any cap top over a year old I change first as it can be a big part of the problem and is usually cheap to replace. I would do that in your case. While you are down there make sure cleaning solution can run through the pumps to double check the pumps.

Change your dampers. Even if you see no air in the lines, your dampers can be bad. Not only can the filter become too clogged to allow ink through, the expansion and contraction the dampers use to keep ink flowing may be impeded by a worn out damper. This would cuase the issue you are having of ink dropping out later in the run.

methogod

10 - 4

I have two large banners to print.

Will change out caps 1st and go from there...

I am 99.999% pumps are good.

I also ordered new dampers... all 6 (even got the real ones).

thanks,