• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tru vis VS. Versacamm?

WCSign

Im buying a new 54" printer. Last I heard about the true vis, they were having ink issues.

I have a 42" versacamm now, so I know the ins and outs of those machines.

anyone have real world feedback on the TrueVis?

thanks

altereddezignz

Same boat but looking at a 64". Watson signs gave me more info than i could have asked for as he is running a new Truevis machine.
I think we will end up in the end with a Epson s80600.

Its really hard to decide on printers lol.. Good luck with your buying and decision.

WCSign

Cool.. Paying my deposit friday.

seems like they are getting away from the vs series because of the epson situation and the new ink.

I didnt wanna drop 20k on a new model printer that got phased out hella fast (in the VG or the VS) so that was my main concern

CanuckSigns

Cool.. Paying my deposit friday.

seems like they are getting away from the vs series because of the epson situation and the new ink.

I didnt wanna drop 20k on a new model printer that got phased out hella fast (in the VG or the VS) so that was my main concern

I was told that Roland was under contract with Epson for ink and print heads for years, but that contract ended last year, Roland decided to not renew because ink and heads were getting out of hand price wise, so the new Flex-fire heads in the Tru-vis printers are made by Ricoh, not sure who makes the ink. I was also told that as new printers are introduced, they will all use the new heads and ink, Roland seems to be going all in on the new heads and ink so I don't think you have to worry about it being discontinued any time soon.

I think you will be very happy with it, the colour gamut is much larger than the old Rolands and the scratch resistance is amazing, I was able to take a print straight off the printer and scratch the heck out of it with my thumb nail and it left no marks what so ever.

altereddezignz

So let me ask this as well. What was the issue with the epson heads and ink. People swear by the epson printers and they make their own heads? I am just curious if it was simply bc they could hold Roland for ransom in a since or?

CanuckSigns

So let me ask this as well. What was the issue with the epson heads and ink. People swear by the epson printers and they make their own heads? I am just curious if it was simply bc they could hold Roland for ransom in a since or?

My dealer explained that it was a cost issue, Roland wasn't happy with Epson raising the prices of print heads constantly.

altereddezignz

So i wonder what the price is on the vg head then lol.. Based on the epson printer we are looking at they price of the head per head is lower than any head on the market.
Crazy crazy

CanuckSigns

So i wonder what the price is on the vg head then lol.. Based on the epson printer we are looking at they price of the head per head is lower than any head on the market.
Crazy crazy

I've owned 4 Roland printers over the past 10 years, I've never once had to replace a print head so I'm really not up to date with cost or anything.

coastguy111

I have been looking at the new Epson surecolor series also, but my budget is only allowing me the new S40 (cant beat a new 64n. for $10,995).
Sat

me boat but looking at a 64". Watson signs gave me more info than i could have asked for as he is running a new Truevis machine.
I think we will end up in the end with a Epson s80600.

Its really hard to decide on printers lol.. Good luck with your buying and decision.

Warmoth

Also in the marker for a new printer. The TrueVis is looking pretty nice overall.

But the skeptic in me is wondering why you get more "TrueVis" ink for cheaper than the VersaCamm's "Eco Sol max2"?
Does the TrueVis Consume more ink / produce more waste? Does anyone have evidence supporting or debunking this?

2B

Also in the marker for a new printer. The TrueVis is looking pretty nice overall.

But the skeptic in me is wondering why you get more "TrueVis" ink for cheaper than the VersaCamm's "Eco Sol max2"?
Does the TrueVis Consume more ink / produce more waste? Does anyone have evidence supporting or debunking this?

Having only seen the brochures, press releases this is merely an assumption.
I took the cheaper inks to either being a different ink all together and/or since it is a bag there is less cost in the container as the hard plastic is removed.

el jefe

truevis sg54 vs vg54

is the vg worth the extra costs? will I be able to print great photo poster/banner with CMYK only?

Thanks,

Aaron

CanuckSigns

is the vg worth the extra costs? will I be able to print great photo poster/banner with CMYK only?

Thanks,

Aaron

The VG has a few advantages over the SG
1. Twice as many print heads= twice the print speed
2. The VG is available in 64" width
3. The VG comes with a take up reel as standard

As for quality, both printers would have the same quality.
In my opinion all you need is CMYK, the silver and white options aren't worth it. LK would be a nice add on if you print grey scale often.