• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Truck Doors and ij180/cast lam. Advice please.

gnatt66

I need to print/cut some truck doors on Friday. It has a couple rows of text. Hows the cast Vinyl/Lam going to do with smallish text? should i order 751 for the text and just print the main graphic?

This guy already had it done with terrible materials somewhere else so i want it to look great and outlast his need for the truck.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have this problem with many jobs....anything under say 1" is going to be hard to plot...so I end up cutting the small text from 751 and placing where it belongs before taping up with the main graphic. It's extra work but I have found cutting laminated 180 to be a pain.

ironchef

I agree, printed vinyl with lam is just too thick, besides the pita it is for weeding it, once installed it will have more chance at failure later on.