• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TrueVIS SG-540

signrios

TrueVIS SG-540 is it worht it?
it's $2000 off trough sept. im thinking on replacing my aging vp540
any good or bad input on it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Just from a customer who returned the SG540 in S. California.

1. The ink bag does not register with the printer.
2. The contour cut stopped after cutting.

Roland took the printer back.

Joe House

Just from a customer who returned the SG540 in S. California.

1. The ink bag does not register with the printer.
2. The contour cut stopped after cutting.

Roland took the printer back.
While that may be true in your case, it is an atypical situation.

Signrios, I think it would be a smooth transition for you moving to another Roland machine. If you've been using Versa Works, then Versa Works Dual will be no problem converting over to. Make sure that you take some time to get to a dealer and see the printer in action. If they don't have one onsite, have them get print samples off of a SG of your files - make sure to include some lighter colors. This is where I've seen customers be less than satisfied. Also ask about print speeds for the samples that you have printed. You may find that you prefer the VG-540 over the SG.
Good luck.

signrios

While that may be true in your case, it is an atypical situation.

Signrios, I think it would be a smooth transition for you moving to another Roland machine. If you've been using Versa Works, then Versa Works Dual will be no problem converting over to. Make sure that you take some time to get to a dealer and see the printer in action. If they don't have one onsite, have them get print samples off of a SG of your files - make sure to include some lighter colors. This is where I've seen customers be less than satisfied. Also ask about print speeds for the samples that you have printed. You may find that you prefer the VG-540 over the SG.
Good luck.

thanks for your input, my roland dealer is in san antonio,tx. i'll give him a call tomorrow.

Another customer with returned SG-540 here : Banding on mine was present no matter how many steps I set, technician spoke with the Japanese ppl and they couldn't find the problem either. Bi-dir was also ugly all the time. Buy mimaki cjv150, it's cheaper and better or buy VG 540 it seems that those have less problems.