• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trump Construction Signs...

pjfmeister

We have printed a few of these and it has always been the developer as the customer. The developer has made final decisions on materials everything from coro installed on construction fence to MDO installed on poles. Regardless of material selected we have printed them not cut vinyl.

For cast vinyl print with laminate on 1 sided 1/2" MDO we would be at:

$116.16 (MDO panel)
$335.68 (Cast print with laminate)
$12.50 (Mount to panel and trim)

Total rounded up to the nearest dollar: $465.00. We would probably break it down to as little as $325-350 each for a rather large order.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If the "spec quote" is for vinyl letters, a digital print is vinyl isn't it? Even that said you wouldn't be out a whole lot doing cut vinyl....it's not THAT many words.

visual800

another out of date federal sign, just like those stupid state signs that are red, white and blue we do for The State of Alabama. No one has ever offered to "update" these specs. If I was you I would Quote a 1/4" max metal and a 10 mil coroplast and explain to them painted MDO is outdated. Also quote with digital print or substrate print.

Dont be afraid to "inform" them their junk is outdated

Marlene

this is not rocket science, it's just a freaking MDO sign with vinyl letters. quote it as you would any job like that and submit it. read the specs they ask for, do not offer up any options other than what they asked for and bid.

Billct2

Here I just quoted these specs0 3/4" MDO, enamel painted face with matte black back, white vinyl lettering, one two color logo. That's what they asked for, that's what I quoted.
If the details are less specific I use a print, but they still say 3/4" MDO. Unless the company requesting the bid is willing to accept a substitute (and so far not one has) I go with the specs. These jobs have people inspecting them who love to be able to find an error, even an inconsequential one.

CanuckSigns

everyone here seems to be forgetting that the spec calls for cut vinyl, not a digital print, despite the fact that we know a digital print is the better, more cost effective way to do these. When it comes to any government or bureaucratic organization, you must follow the spec, if you don't your quote is not ever considered, you can argue till you are blue in the face but they won;t go for it because it requires more work on their part in reworking the spec and resubmitting it to all bidders.

this is not rocket science, it's just a freaking MDO sign with vinyl letters. quote it as you would any job like that and submit it. read the specs they ask for, do not offer up any options other than what they asked for and bid.

I'm sure this person just wants to put their best foot forward in hopes of landing the job and perhaps attaining more of this kind of work in the future.

TimToad

I'm sure this person just wants to put their best foot forward in hopes of landing the job and perhaps attaining more of this kind of work in the future.
IMHO, The best way to put his best foot forward and raise the possibility of future work is to follow the specs, produce a high quality finished product at a fair cost in a reasonable time frame with a high degree of professionalism.

Those may seem like antiquated concepts to some in this get rich quick world we live in now, but I've never seen a business that adhered to them fail.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
everyone here seems to be forgetting that the spec calls for cut vinyl, not a digital print, despite the fact that we know a digital print is the better, more cost effective way to do these. When it comes to any government or bureaucratic organization, you must follow the spec, if you don't your quote is not ever considered, you can argue till you are blue in the face but they won;t go for it because it requires more work on their part in reworking the spec and resubmitting it to all bidders.

I agree... unless there is an RFI portion of the bid process in which you can ask for clarification or specification changes...

Bid with a substitute for the cut vinyl letters and explain why a digital print would be best for them. Do it all the time. These types of "project" signs we sell quite often.
$195 Digital Print To your specs

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Explain to them that cutting and weeding all that vinyl is one of the jobs Americans will no longer do.....