• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Truvis and Monet Canvas

klingsdesigns

Trying to print a last minute valentines canvas and cant find a good profile on the vg540. Anyone recommend anything. Printing on seals monet canvas. Tried the uni direction on the solvent satin canvas and it doesnt look that great.

Malkin

Not sure what the exact quality issue is, but I have found with our VG540, that occasionally the ink "spreads" and looks blurry.
My solution is too turn up the heat, and turn down the head speed (Versaworks: Quality tab, uncheck Ignore Default Settings and then lower the number). Also additionally going to unidirectional can help in extreme cases.

good luck...

klingsdesigns

What profile are you using. I tried Mcvp that was terrible. Then the satin canvas is ok. But I feel like it should look nice. Better color more crisp. My vp printed them a lot better.

klingsdesigns

The ink rubs off and scratches super easy. Never had this issue before. If anyone has a good profile or can help me out that would be great.

Attachments

• 2019-02-12 14.41.49.jpg
    2019-02-12 14.41.49.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Malkin

I don't think I've actually tried canvas on the VG yet, since it's extremely infrequent that we get requests for canvas.
The bad quality, and tendency to rub off, remind me of the time that we were accidentally sent a roll of Phototex for Latex printers, rather than Solvent (might have been mislabeled? can't remember). Do you get the same results with another roll?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
That's odd for a solvent to be able to rub off... it should be embedding itself into the coating.
I was just about to ask the same question as Malkin... are you 100% sure it's a solvent canvas they've supplied you with?

klingsdesigns

I don't think I've actually tried canvas on the VG yet, since it's extremely infrequent that we get requests for canvas.
The bad quality, and tendency to rub off, remind me of the time that we were accidentally sent a roll of Phototex for Latex printers, rather than Solvent (might have been mislabeled? can't remember). Do you get the same results with another roll?
Just off the vg. Used it on vp before I traded it in and was fine then.

klingsdesigns

That's odd for a solvent to be able to rub off... it should be embedding itself into the coating.
I was just about to ask the same question as Malkin... are you 100% sure it's a solvent canvas they've supplied you with?
100% sure. I did just retry to print pre 40 post 50. uni mcvp slowed head to 760 hopefully that will help. Colors look a little more filled in then yesterdays print.

klingsdesigns

The ink just falls off. Does tru vis not stick to canvas or what?

Attachments

• 2019-02-13 10.22.04.jpg
    2019-02-13 10.22.04.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • 2019-02-13 10.22.09.jpg
    2019-02-13 10.22.09.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125