• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to add a Printer to RasterlinkPro SG ver 5.1

chartle

I really have to move Rasterlink off a 12 year old XP computer. I just rebuild a nice I5 windows 7 with 8 gigs of memory.

I've installed Rasterlink and now trying to add my printer to it thru Printer Management.

I downloaded the latest driver installed it and it found the printer and I see it it Print Management but get the following error. I also checked Device manager and everything looks good.

thanks cliff

ETA: I'm using the latest 4.X version of the driver may try the 3.X version.

mim 1.JPG mim 2.JPG mim 3.JPG

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are installing Rasterlink from the CD it will give this error. Check out the download section on Mimakiusa.com and download it from there. The CD has known issues. If Mimaki doesn't have Rasterlink 5 available, I believe you can download Rasterlink 6 and still use your Rasterlink 5 password. It is longer than the Rasterlink 6 password so just put as much as you can in.

chartle

If you are installing Rasterlink from the CD it will give this error. Check out the download section on Mimakiusa.com and download it from there. The CD has known issues. If Mimaki doesn't have Rasterlink 5 available, I believe you can download Rasterlink 6 and still use your Rasterlink 5 password. It is longer than the Rasterlink 6 password so just put as much as you can in.

Sorry I didn't get back to this, got busy and the crisis where I thought I needed to move it to a newer computer was averted.

But I looked on the Mimaki site and I can't find a link to download 5.0 except for an updater for any version over 4.x and I'm stuck back at 3.12. I did once find a some info on 6.0 but as far as i could figure out it also doesn't have the full install and its not a free upgrade. I would buy it if I could figure out how if it didn't cost too much. Also I can't run the online update on that machine because I haven't switch over the validation I don't want to do it until I'm 100% sure the new install works. Also to complicate things the company that I bought it from (that's literally 2 blocks away) was bought by someone else that doesn't support Mimaki.

Also if I find a link where/what is this password? I guess i should have kept up with all this stuff but until a year ago running these machines has been sort of part but now that I'm no longer really the Network/PC Support person here graphics is now 90% of my job.

One other issue is I have my eye on an HP latex that we would maybe buy in the near future.