Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Blur a very large word

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by LMSigns24, Oct 1, 2012.

1. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    Ive been doign this for years, but I guess i have never tried to blur text that is very large. Working on a wrap design for a trailer. The word is 129" x 20" high. Its saying the size of artwork resolution exceeds the maximun that can be rasterized. Now what? Hope its an easy fix. Can anyone give me advice? Thanks!

Tags:
  2. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Couple things you could do ...

Just copy it into photoshop and do the blur there ... then save that as a layered psd file and import it back into the illustrator file.

Or adjust the size of the illustrator file to something like 50% scale then do the blur and have the rip scale it up to 200% to print.

3. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    Great thank you! I did the Photoshop blur and that worked! :)))

4. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Cool glad that helped ... that's the way I prefer to do it too. :D

5. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Illustrator CS6 is 64bit with a much higher raster effects limit, but doing such things really is better in Photoshop as that's what it's built for.