• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to contour cut.

xcracer48

Every time I try to print and cut contour with my DC4sx, the read out screen says I need to insert red ribbon, even if the logo isn't red???! My cut contour is set to magenta in corel draw. Someone please help me . I can give more information upon request.... Thanks, Cameron Rogers

Terremoto

More than likely you have your "Convert spot colors to:" checked in your export dialog.

Make sure it's NOT checked.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 77

TammieH

I am making an educated guess on this, since I am not familiar with DC4sx.

First, are the contour cuts supposed to be on an unprintable layer?

Second, Do you cut from the same file as the print file?
... Is the cut file a separate file?

MikeD

Summa support can answer your question or remote onto your pc and show you exactly what the cause is, but it does sound like your cut-color is not a spot as mentioned above.

xcracer48

Hey guys thanksbfor your input. The other week I figured out that I had the wrong color pallet loaded and all. I watched a video on how to set up a cut line in corel, but I wasn't paying enough attention and it wasn't the same for a summa. So after calling summa and looking at a set-up list on digital graphica I was able to load the correct pallet which had a contour cut color set up in it and was cuttingnin no time!!!! :)