• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to copy this font from a 30 year old t-shirt

JPR-5690

I didn't have any luck trying to find this font online using image search and font id sites.

I know it's a stretch but maybe its my lucky day?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.43.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.43.08 PM.png
    1,012 KB · Views: 320

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
99.9% percent that would have been hand drawn. Based on a couple of old typestyles maybe, but I'll eat my hat if there's an actual TTF or OTF anywhere out there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't know about hand drawn, but maybe press type. Just wait til Tiki sees it, he'll know. :supersmilie:

JPR-5690

That's a scan of a t-shirt and I photoshopped out as much of the texture as possible to upload the image to font ID sites, but the type on the original is clean enough that I feel like its a digital typeface, or at least digitally-created/printed. (not sure what everyones definition of hand drawn type is)

Its an ancient band shirt that was made with a heat transfer...here's the a picture of the original ~

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 5.08.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 5.08.30 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

Don't know about hand drawn, but maybe press type. Just wait til Tiki sees it, he'll know. :supersmilie:

Gino, you are probably thinking of Ringlet or Kismet press-type from Formatt.
The sample is similar in many forms to...
Acadian (Scriptorium) and Huron (Dan X. Solo)

Tiki

Font Sage
99.9% percent that would have been hand drawn. Based on a couple of old typestyles maybe, but I'll eat my hat if there's an actual TTF or OTF anywhere out there.

Riccio Display Script / Grebe/ FontBank Bangle. It revives the Victorian typeface Bijou

Post the picks lol

Jeremiah

Wow a 30 year old shirt, an Ancient Band Shirt. How old are someone who thinks this is Ancient ? 12 years old ? I have a lot of my old shirts that were cool and still in great shape. They still fit me like 30 years ago, I did not gain the 95 lbs. I sure dont wear them every day. I guess I have my memorabilia stash of ones I made and events I attended.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Riccio Display Script / Grebe/ FontBank Bangle. It revives the Victorian typeface Bijou

Post the picks lol

Ahhh...... want some salt with that........ ??​