• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

trying to cut detailed graphic

chitoon

but if it cuts for instance a eye or a nose it starts pulling the vynal up i have a Roland pnc1000 have slowed the cutter speed to 2 raised it to 7 still no help lowered the pressure raised the presure still mo help can any 1 help?

Sign Prophet

Try a new blade. I find that this helps a lot when cutting intricate designs. Especially when using high performance film. good luck

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't know if your software has such a feature but you might look for a check box to optimize the cutting. In my software it's called "sequential plot". It forces the software to cut the inside shapes first and outer shapes last. This helps on very small cuts to prevent the blade drag from pulling up a cut object.

OldPaint

ROLAND PNC-1000 is not know for its SMALL DETAIL CUTTING ABILITY. i know i owned one for 7-8 yrs. 60 degree blade will help, new strip might help......and it has to be a CLEAN WELL EXECUTED VECTOR GRAPHIC....or it will tear it up....also that machine dont like MIRROR VINYL....WILLMAKE A MESS WITH IT.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
60 degree blade, 3M 7725 cast vinyl on clear backing, and try not to go too small, but that combination will work better than any other I know if you have to go small.

What software & version are you using?

Jackpine

All of the above is correct. I had a PNC1000 for years and I just would not cut small letters, 1/2 " or less, unless the nodes were reduced, new 60 degree blade at the correct depth, cutting strip in VERY good condition ( I kept an extra one on hand.they only cost $10 ), and I cut from SignLab that cuts from the inside out. Oh, did I say I would not cut small lettering?

chitoon

figured it out went to speed 2 that is the slowest speed the machine can do and it worked also made sure the vynal was warm thanks for all your help

chitoon

what is involved in replacing that white cutting strip i have a new one and tryed to get the other one out but could not and if i do change it how do you place it bt the cutter on the right side by the cutter not much room there

Jackpine

Peel the old one out, peel the backing from the new one and insert it into the groove.
Warm, flexible vinyl does works best. Keep the area around the cutter warm.

Last edited: