Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to cut letters

Discussion in 'Corel' started by shuv76, Dec 9, 2020.

1. shuv76

shuv76 Member

Jan 2, 2008
    VA.
    Hello I have Corel 2017 and am trying to cut letters. It is just one word but it cuts like the middle letter first then the outside letter then the other side letter then the letters in between and it takes so long. It used to cut them in a line one after the other. I have over a hundred to cut and would like to figure out why it's doing it.
    Thank you for any help,,paul

Tags:
  2. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    Need plotting software that sorts

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    I don't cut from Corel, but I do see this happen when the text isn't text anymore. The software is seeing the separate shapes and cutting out of order.

I use Gerber software and I have an option to Sequential Plot which makes it cut from left to right no matter what the shapes are.

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    In corel, with cutting master for a graphtec, you want to make certain 'speed priority' is selected for cut order, as opposed to 'restrict media movement' or 'none'. If you layer them yourself, you can select 'none' and it will cut the objects in the order that they are layered on the page.

5. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    it always seemed to me that it always cuts "stupidly" for want of a technical term

your problem is speed, because who really cares what order it cuts in (other than limiting how much shuffling of the roll is involved)

6. shuv76

shuv76 Member

Jan 2, 2008
    VA.
    I am sorry ,,I meant i made the file in corel but I am in cut studio when cutting vinyl,,thanks

7. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    This is very simple. The digital graphic files (vector) has a sandwich structure and the cutter takes the layers of this sandwich one by one.
    (Don't need to separate all symbols in different work layers.)
    You should distribute symbols in your file in the order you want to cut it. Use "order" menu to do it.
    For example, you need to cut the word: "Rock" in backward starts from "k" to "R".
    So on top, you will place the letter "k" lower will go letter "c" lower "o" and in back "R".