• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

trying to design a new logo

datablitz

im not super creative sometimes, and am trying to get a new look for my logo. this is a basic version of my current logo. i am planning on making some new business cards, postcards and flyers soon and i would like to have a refreshed logo. thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• datablitz sticker.jpg
    datablitz sticker.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 110

Malkin

I'm not feeling much creative at the moment either, but a few starting points would be:
-lose the swoosh (very common and getting dated looking)
-Use a modern looking sans serif typeface

-Post up your current attempt (instead of just the old one) and you'll get more response.

also... you do both computer stuff and sign related work?

datablitz

i do some graphics, computer work, and print. recentally i have been doing quite a bit of work on the sign side. i have been getting a lot of sticker and banner jobs. that is the card i used before i started the sign portion of the company. i may end up with two seperate card designs, one for computer work and one for print. this is kinda a few things threw together from an existing design, it is a newer design but not finished, but i kind of want to change my image.

Marlene

what you have is pretty awful. it is just type, all centered with a swoosh that seems to have no purpose but to make it harder to read.

first off, who are your customers? that is who you really design for as you will want a logo that will make the people you want to do business for use your services. knowing your market is the first thing to consider when designing a logo.

Jillbeans

As has been said, it looks like just typed text, cramped, with a swoosh thrown in to make it look "creative".
Very Microsoft Word looking, and nothing stands out.
If you are just getting started you may want to purchase the Mike Stevens Mastering Layout book or Dan Antonelli's logo design books.
You need to learn to prioritize your copy.
And I'd make the Ltd MUCH smaller, it's (to me) the same as making LLC big in a logo.
Love....Jill

datablitz

i feel like i have some ideas to work with, im going to see what i can do and post something up a little later. thanks for the imput.