Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to find material

Discussion in 'Materials' started by modernmav, Jun 8, 2010.

1. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Hey guys,
    I am trying to find out what a material is. The sign is a double sided light box that sits in front of our shop, and the material thats on it seems to be a thick, fairly rigid banner like material. It also has letter channels (appropriate term?) for letters to slide into to change when we have promotions. If anybody could point me in the right direction to find this material it would be greatly appreciated as we've had someone cut it up last night and need to replace it asap. TIA

Tags:
  2. dwt

dwt Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Unless you want it vandalized again replace it with polycarb.

3. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    what thickness would you recommend for something thats going to be outside all day and the sign is roughly 6'x8'. Also is there a specific brand thats better than another, we havn't used much of it in the past.

4. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    Unfortunately, you can vandalize polycarb almost as easily as you can vandalize flex face.

5. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    hmm thats no good. ya unfortunately the sign sits on the ground, not up in the air. so if someone really wants to mess with it, they will.

6. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    i just need to figure out the best way to remake it as quickly as possible.