• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to get an old Edge printer to run

Oska

So I have a client who owns an Edge imaging machine.. yes the very old 1993 one i think it is.

I am trying to help him out but I think the only way is to update his ancient version of Sign Lab vr 6....

if anyone knows how I can hook up a PC to the Edge machine please help me out.

Thanks

J Hill Designs

I have the original edge, and use omega 1.56 attached via printer cable...

dont know squat about signlab, but I dont see an ancient version not working unless it is trying to be installed on a newer PC

schmitty

To use Signlab, make sure he/she has the spot foil module. Otherwise all you will be able to print is CMYK.

Good Luck!

Oska

How can I get my hands on Omega 1.56?

is that even possible?

Thanks for the responses guys...

James Chrimes

I am asking 300.00 plus shipping. It is a legit copy with dongle key and all of the books and shortcut charts. I paid over 3,500.00 for it. I have photos of everything if you are intrested. I sent a pm also.

The Equipment Guy

What windows version is his PC? Certain gerber versions prefer certain windows versions, better do your homework...but if its right for you I would take James up on his offer, good price.

Craig

Oska

It is a Win XP machine. I think that should be fine for that software no?
not sure how I can go further back than that.

Marlene

It is a Win XP machine

I don't think 1.56 will run on XP, you might want to check into that. it's been a long time since I ran 1.56 but it seems like I had to upgrade to XP from windows 2000 to run 1.6. James probably knows if it will run on XP or maybe Tony from Gerber is around and can answer that.