• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to make pink

moondog69591

I am trying to do a 4x8 sign right now. I am printing the whole sign on white vinyl and then applying to allumilite. There is two borders. The outside is black but the inside border is pink. Also i cant lay just pink vinyl because there is text that goes into the pink and into the black so you wouldnt be able to see the text. I do not have a pink foil and the job has to be done by today does anyone know how to make a bright pink out of anything else. I have tried doing a 4 color process but it turns out to purple. I also tried taking magenta and turning the tint down but still to purple. Much help would be appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is it safe to assume that you are not doing anything related to Printwear (this is the category you have placed your question in)? Is it also safe to assume that you are trying to accomplish this with a Gerber Edge?

If my assumptions are correct then you should choose a spot foil from among the spot reds you have on your shelf or go back to process magenta and apply it as a spot color. Next set the percentage down to the range of 15 to 30% for whatever shade you want. next set the halftone pattern to Classical Dot at 70.7 LPI.

Now print out some swatches at different settings and with different foils to find the one that suits you.

If you make your settings for process rather than spot colors, then whatever profiles you use when outputting will come into play and shift the colors .... hence the purple shift. You should probably stay with spot color settings.

If you need to print using CMYK process, then pick a pink you like from the built in Pantone presets and do your outputting by manually selecting the color profile name "Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK" instead of letting the GSPPlot do the selecting automatically. I would still recommend using the Classical Dot halftone at 70.7 LPI and printing test swatches.

moondog69591

Yes i am using a gerber edge and thank you that idea of yours worked perfect never thought of changing the halftones. I never can decided what thread is the right title to put questions in. But thanxs a gain.