• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to match vinyl color

showcase 66

I have a client that gave me a small decal that he wants me to reproduce with the same color. I believe it is Avery 900 vibrant green. I have not used Avery for a long time and from what I can see, no other brand is close to the color. I tried to get him to use Arlon Spring Green because I have a ton of it. but he wants the same exact color but he said he wanted to make sure it was the lime green on both sides. So when you look out a window it is green not white.

From what I see the Avery 900 vibrant green is the only exact match to his decal and it has a white backing to it.

Anyone have any ideas of another vinyl to match this color?

A close match I think is GMI Lime green. Never used GMI. Any input on this vinyl.

Thanks

"Deposit Please"

FDC has a vibrant green. Also arlon has a bright green called kiwi. These are cast films tho and not sure about backing. they are very very close ...worth to look at.

Drip Dry

Are you sure the Avery has a white background... I've always thought that Avery was the same color on both sides. I admit that I don't use 900

Maybe you should check again

showcase 66

Are you sure the Avery has a white background... I've always thought that Avery was the same color on both sides. I admit that I don't use 900

Maybe you should check again

The only Avery Chart I have has the same color green with a white backing. It is an older color chart so things may have changed.

Thanks for the help guys.

Malkin

Some avery colors do have the white backing, it's like they are basically printed on.

I had a huge P-I-T-A job where the customer wanted his window lettering to match a provided paint color chip AND show as that color from both sides of the glass. We managed to get it done (printed) but it wasn't very fun.

SignosaurusRex

900 series "Vibrant Green" is an opaque (white base) adhesive because of the light brilliance of the color. I would say that Arlon's KIWI #79 is your only and best option for a tight match with clear adhesive for two-sided visibility.