Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Print Magnets on HP9000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by JayEverythingsImage, Mar 7, 2011.

1. JayEverythingsImage

JayEverythingsImage Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I bought some printable magnum magnetics to print on and I cant seem to figure it out.....has anybody done this?

THanks,

Jay

Tags:
  2. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    I've never tried magnetic material but I don't think it will work because the metal housing on the unit stops it from advancing.

3. JayEverythingsImage

Aug 10, 2010
    yea its not moving lol

4. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Demagnetize it first by wiping it thoroughly with static guard. Do your printing and then re-magnetize it by rubbing it hard on your forehead ten minutes. That's about the only way I've ever done it before.

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    We just print on film and put it on the mag. Magnetic material is so heavy, it is hard on printer's gears!

6. NSchlee

NSchlee New Member

Jan 31, 2011
  7. NSchlee

NSchlee New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Forgot to mention, FlexMag Industries sells the material "unmagnetized", and they sell a hand magnetizer for magnetizing after printing.

Ask them for sample.

NS

8. JayEverythingsImage

Aug 10, 2010
    U must have a strong forehead:banghead:

thanks for the help...i just printed it on orajet and ill stick it together. i just really wanted to avoid another step and just lam the printable magnet material......but i guess its not for my machine....ill keep working on a system and post back up

9. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    In the time that video took I printed a set and stuck it on the mag material and was having a beer...

10. tbaker

tbaker Member

you mean, had a beer, printed a file, had a beer, stuck it on, had a beer, went to the bathroom, had a beer and trimmed it out, don't you?

11. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    What ever happened to Mr MagenticSigns ?