• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to Print Magnets on HP9000

RJ California

I've never tried magnetic material but I don't think it will work because the metal housing on the unit stops it from advancing.

SignManiac

Demagnetize it first by wiping it thoroughly with static guard. Do your printing and then re-magnetize it by rubbing it hard on your forehead ten minutes. That's about the only way I've ever done it before.

Mosh

We just print on film and put it on the mag. Magnetic material is so heavy, it is hard on printer's gears!

NSchlee

Forgot to mention, FlexMag Industries sells the material "unmagnetized", and they sell a hand magnetizer for magnetizing after printing.

Ask them for sample.

NS

Demagnetize it first by wiping it thoroughly with static guard. Do your printing and then re-magnetize it by rubbing it hard on your forehead ten minutes. That's about the only way I've ever done it before.

U must have a strong forehead:banghead:

thanks for the help...i just printed it on orajet and ill stick it together. i just really wanted to avoid another step and just lam the printable magnet material......but i guess its not for my machine....ill keep working on a system and post back up

Mosh

In the time that video took I printed a set and stuck it on the mag material and was having a beer...

tbaker

you mean, had a beer, printed a file, had a beer, stuck it on, had a beer, went to the bathroom, had a beer and trimmed it out, don't you?