• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to put a picture in the background

jestoker723

I'm trying to place a faded picture on my sign with a chart over it. I keep having a problem with the chart covering up the picture and not being able to see the picture in the background. Please help if you can. Thanks

CP Signs

Maybe we are missing the fact that the chart has a full white background. Only thing I can think of.

rjssigns

Either adjust the opacity of the chart or use the Screen blending mode in PS. Just think in layers. Every piece of the layout should be a separate editable component.

m giese

Do you have the original excel file?

If yes,

right click on the chart background and choose format chart area - fill - no fill
then:
right click on plot area, and do the same.

There are two separate fills for each chart chart background, and plot area background, then insert picture and move to back

Mark

MikeD

put the picture on top layer (PSD) set blend mode to multiply (try different blend modes that darken underlying pixels till you find one you like) and layer opacity to 50%

skyhigh

being this is in the "Flexi" forum.....and depending on which version (not sure if the newer versions have "transparency"), this may be your problem.

Try illy or PS.
Most important is to learn your software and its capabilities. Read the manual, and practice practice practice how to accomplish different tasks. Without seeing your files, I don't think we can be of much help. Post a screenshot of what you're ending up with.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Select the White area with your bitmap tools and make it transparent
or vectorize the chart.