• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to REVIVE ROLAND PC-1000 again...

rickCAD

I've been away from things here for a whilllllle and sorta give up on it all.
But i've been looking at this machine and thought id give it a try again.
I know this an old machine but it has worked well in the past and i thought everyone give up on drivers for it all....
Until i loaded Flexisign 8.1 the other day and seen they had a driver for it!! Hmmmmmmmm
Well... I'm setup... and i think im close .... but it's been so long....
that i might have forgotten something about getting this to run.
I'm attaching a screen view of the settings for Flexisign... and i've noticed the words "setup inactive" hmmmmm what does that mean??:help
Is there anyone who might be able to let me know if i've got the setting right? I seem to be able to get the pen to jerk on file input but no further.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanx and have a good day!!!
rickCAD

Attachments

• camm1.jpg
    camm1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 114

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am not sure but one thing that stands out;

Your set up name lists: PNC-1000@com1
But your port listing in the set-up properties shows: LPT1.
Is it hooked up using a parallel or serial cable?

wayne k
guam usa

CheapVehicleWrap

there's drivers for it, but unsupported post win 98. I used to have a 98 setup just to driver the thing. It'll last forever, just a tad too small though. Gave mine away after 12 years of service and it's still getting good use.

OldPaint

rick, by pass flexi............go to roland and get thier driver to cut right from corel...........

rickCAD

Back in the saddle

to 'GACO5'
.... hey ... good eye........
I think that's just the location or title because i DID change everything to LPT1.... but thanx for noticing...
to 'wraps'....
I was working on this thing about a year ago and DID get it almost running with the drivers Roland had (the output had a fine jagged line to everything) and i give up for one reason or another. But this machine thru me and the person who passed it to me, has been sitting still for yearrrrssss.
to 'Old Paint' :notworthy:
You know..... I'm pretty sure i've talked to you before... about a year ago on the same situation.... Like i mentioned earlier... I had something in the family pulll me off this thing and I was close but the output wasnt right for the accurracy. ANYWAY..... i come across this Flexisign and SEEN the pc-1000 on it! So here i am again..... (and out of work again)
I'm going to load corel and rolands drivers again..... and i remember how picky this thing is.... Any more suggestions?

thanx to all
rick :rock-n-roll:

J Hill Designs

have you tried it with serial (com1) instead of parallel? I believe you will need a RS-232 (null modem) cable but thats how I run mine..(PNC-950)

rickCAD

Still in the saddle

to jhilldesigns...
you know.... i thought i went thru this before... and i was convinced from the input that parallel was the way.... don't get me wrong and i'm going to start looking for the serial cable.. Hmmmmm a pc-950..... what software were u using it on?
to OldPaint....
Since i'm not working.... it shows how fast i am on this.... I've got Corels X3 on an XP machine......
The first panel on the PC-1000 comes up with .....

Press Function Key
Set Width = 460mm

After i press function key i get....

*Coordinate Display*
X= 0 Y= 0

After I hit send on the computer the pen moves ALL the way to the left and up a few inches.
Hmmmmmmmmm.... Any suggestions​

THanx to all
rick​

Attachments

• camm1.jpg
    camm1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 74

rickCAD

In addition

Ohhhh....
to OldPaint....
And I wanted to add.... that all i have drawn on Corel are a couple of large boxes as shown on the attached JPG.

thanx
rick

rickCAD

Its alive!!!!

to jhilldesigns...
Although i have got something going..... i was curious.... What is Omega?
to OldPaint....
Ya know.... i think im almost there.... in the jpg i've attached im showing you how i changed the 'Media Size Setting' to 470.0x470.0 and did a run ALL FROM COREL.... and bing bang boom.... it printed fine....
Soooo.... i've got the driver and i'm familiar with setting to hairline for cutting.... but I've got to workout the paper size i quess. I thought the paper or material or whatever WAS 470 by 1600 but that was why the pen run high to the left.
Anyway....I'm so anxious to put the cutter in and load some material. Do have any suggestions on a Mail Order outfit that i should use. And is there any technical description for some economical 2ft or narrower vellum type for cutting adhesive labels? WHOOOPEEEEEE.
:popcorn:

Attachments

• CAMM6.jpg
    CAMM6.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 96

OldPaint

pnc-1000 has a cutting width of 19.25 inchs and a lenght of 62.99 inches. set a custom page in corel to corespond to that and show it on the screen as 19.25 high X 62.99 long.
place graphic in lower left corner. you may have to set orintation on the plotter to be the same as the screen, this is the I/O ROTATE commamd.

saltydog311

I am also trying to revive the same machine. I downloaded the recomended driver, but when I try to add it as a printer,it says I am missing file PNC1000.RFD
I have downloaded and tried it 4 times now, with the same results.Help!