Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to track down some vinyl

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Sticky Signs, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    A client gave me a sample of some work done by another company asking if I could replicate it. Stop right there - I already know what you're thinking. Why don't they go back to them? Well, they don't want to go back to them this time because A - they're in a different country and B - they can't turn it around fast enough.
    It's a pretty basic window sticker made to go on the interior of the window to be viewed from the exterior. It's done with a couple layers. 1st layer is clear with a mirror print. 2nd layer is something that I've never seen before and I'm wondering where to find such a thing. It's basically a sparkly vinyl. The closest thing I've found is Avery White Sparkle A3860-S. Now here's the real kicker. The sample I have looks just like the Avery however it's the opposite. IE - The adhesive is on the sparkly side and the plain gray color is on the dry side. (I hope that makes sense).
    In all my years, I've never seen anything like it. Anyone know what this stuff is or where to get it? Any help is appreciated.
    Tx

Tags:
  2. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    Is it possible that it is three layers? Reverse print on clear, then Avery clear metallic, then a gray layer?

3. Sticky Signs

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    NOt from what I can see. I've picked at it in different areas and it still only looks like 2 layers.

4. ZsVinylInc

ZsVinylInc Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Could it be a Metallic Clear with just a white backer?

5. Sticky Signs

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    not that I can tell

6. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    Could be Oracal 8810 Frosted Glass Cast, it looks equally as sparkly from both sides.

7. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    photos would help.

8. Sticky Signs

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    here's some crappy pics. The sparkly side is the one with the adhesive.

Attached Files:

9. Sticky Signs

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Some one today mentioned that it could be from 3M's architectural line. I've never even heard of that before.