• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to use Rolands Colors in a gradient

LMSigns24

I know I have went through this before but not sure if I ever got a solution. I have a graphic that has a bunch of gradients. My question is, can you use rolands swatches in gradients. I am designing in illustrator. When i did a test print, the background printed in rolands colors but the gradient part did not. The reason for using rolands colors is, the red is vibrant. Unless you guys have a formula to get a bright red. Let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Brent MacGillis

Convert to CMYK

With your gradient selected click on the color marker in the gradient panel. Navigate to the Color panel. There should be a small button under the percentage in the color panel. Click this button to convert it to CMYK value. Do this for all of the colors in your gradient and it will be smooth.

Best of Luck,
Brent M.

SIGNTIME

you can do a gradient with one roland color only so you could pick a blue and then use a percentage of that blue at the other end ... hope that makes sense and helps

Tizz

I know I have went through this before but not sure if I ever got a solution. I have a graphic that has a bunch of gradients. My question is, can you use rolands swatches in gradients. I am designing in illustrator. When i did a test print, the background printed in rolands colors but the gradient part did not. The reason for using rolands colors is, the red is vibrant. Unless you guys have a formula to get a bright red. Let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

I have used Roland colours in gradients in Illustrator. I would normally flaten the transparencies once I finish the design (due to effects etc..in the design). Save it as a pdf (hi res) then open it in Photoshop. Here i make sure that all the colours and effects have come out then flatten the entire artwork. Save it again in a pdf format then print it in versaworks.

WCSign

If you use 2 spot colors in a gradient it will leave one half of the gradient blank. I was doing a grafitti style motorcycle wrap for someone that had some white in it already, printed the whole thing, laminated it.. Sent it and of course it wasnt right, so I had to figure out the problem and reprint

Tizz

When designing in Illustrator and using the Roland Color System Library make sure your Document Color Mode is in CMYK Color. Once your design is finished select the entire design and 'Flatten Transparency' (under object). My presets are High Resolution. Save this file as a pdf (High resolution also). Open this pdf in Photoshop and Flatten Image. (I normally bring this in as a cmyk a few times as rgb) Re save as a pdf again and this will print in VW as designed with all gradients used from the Roland Color library.