• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TU2 Take-Up System

vid

We use one at our shop. the only complaint I have is that you can't send multiple prints without resetting the take-up reel after each print --- that I know of.

To explain, The printer will advance the image beyond it's print range to run the last portion of the image across the heater. Once the image has completely passed the heater, the printer then rolls the image back to the end of the run relative to the printhead. The return of the film/vinyl takes out the slack between the take up reel and the printer --- which, flips the automatic tensioning bar to the off position.

Consequently, we try to manage our printing so that longer runs print at the end of day. Typically, our printer will run two or three times a week after hours ...anywhere from an hour to five hours

I like it... I don't monitor the books, but it seems to have paid for itself in more productivity during the day. The three of us that use it, don't fight for the printer as much as when we didn't have it. It took us one loooooooonnnng run with a short due date to encourage the purchase at our shop.... the boss hates paying overtime when he could buy cool tools to make the jobs turn faster.

Just get the print on straight when you load it. Or there willing be buckling and then head strikes on the vinyl...............

Bentley Sign

ours came with our new xc-540. we have had nothing but problems with it. The whole purpose is to be able to print unatended. We have tried constantley to get the material on straight and not get buckle and then head strike. We do long runs on a daily basis with vehicle wraps, unable to leave unatended.