• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tubelite Company, whats your thoughts?

I have been on the forum for a little bit of time and have heard mentions of a lot of different distributors but not many for Tubelite. Could you give me some input on why you choose not to deal with them? Thanks in advance?

********UPDATE*******

I wanted to keep it seperate from the post that I represent Tubelite in hopes for honest replies. I want to get an idea of what needs improvement from the customers viewpoint. If I have broken any forum rules I apologize.

Last edited:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Will no longer deal with. People didnt know products for digital and damn near had a brawl with a branch manager at AC show 3 years ago! N Glantz has been perfect!

Craig Sjoquist

Has never had a problem with Tubelite here in Apopka but like them better when they were in Orlando they were smaller then but progress and money must go on .

As far as buying I go to... Star Scenic Supply 1st ..Accugraphics 2nd... N Glanz 3rd ... Tublite 4th ... will not go to USA sign supply, as far as anything else I try to keep my money local as possible, smaller the better.

Accugraphics? There right next to the Apopka branch and they are your competition. That surprises me, i know a few shops that have quoted a job and didnt land it. A few days later they went to Accugraphics to get something and they were doing the job they quoted. To each their own. Tubelite delivers twice a day in the orlando area, and has everything possible. Works for me.

have dealt with them for approx 3 years and never an issue. we get, or used to get all our gerber foils from them and some gerber material and they were always very good.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have been on the forum for a little bit of time and have heard mentions of a lot of different distributors but not many for Tubelite. Could you give me some input on why you choose not to deal with them? Thanks in advance?

pops_blinking.gif
Perhaps it's because Tubelite isn't a merchant member here nor are they an advertiser and instead choose to make posts like yours without making it known that you represent Tubelite.

LMAO, Caught!

But then again, maybe he's just inquiring why no one mentions. I actually buy some stuff from tubelite, one of the best places to buy sample materials

d fleming

Quit using tubelite many years ago due to terrible cust. service and a salesperson I was willing to kill if he hadn't have been nice enough to do it himself.

FS-Keith

Quit using tubelite many years ago due to terrible cust. service and a salesperson I was willing to kill if he hadn't have been nice enough to do it himself.

stay classy.

I only use them for ballasts and transformers when my normal supplier doesnt have stock

cgsigns_jamie

Wow! Didn't realize so many have had issues with Tubelite. I guess I've been lucky!
Must be my amazing rep Debbie! :)

We've been using them for YEARS and haven't had any issues... I buy 100% of my electric supplies from them and about 80% of my digital stuff. They get 100% of my 3M Translucent business too 'cause they're the only ones that stock 48" film!

I'd highly recommend them to anyone needing sign supplies.
(I'd recommend them even more if they became a merchant member at Signs101!)

Another plus is that they have a truck up in my area 2 times a week!

Pat Whatley

Fix the damn website. I like to order stuff....I like to know what's available for me to order. Your website is a piece of crap. Look at www.alumapanel.com for my suggestion on what you should do.

Also, communication between the main office and the branches is ridiculous. I ordered some PVC and some aluminum composite sheets a couple of weeks ago. Instead of putting it on the regular delivery truck out of Birmingham (comes twice a week) they crated it up and sent it freight line out of Florida. They ended up covering the shipping but it was just an example of a lack of communication.

That said my sales rep is great. If I call her directly she'll take care of whatever I need and I've started using Tubelite for more and more stuff. I'd use you for everything if you'd fix the website.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
They have some good prices on certain thing but they lose a lot of my orders because my local Tubelite cuts aluminum with a panel saw instead of a shear.

SignStudent

On more than one occasion when ordering 10 yard rolls of Oracal 651 I wasn't getting cores and the vinyl was wrinkled up/dirty. Had similar problems with 4x8 sheets of coro so I stopped using them.

W

www.esigns.com

We received some of the best service from our area rep.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
They have some good prices on certain thing but they lose a lot of my orders because my local Tubelite cuts aluminum with a panel saw instead of a shear.

My Tubelite doesn't cut at all. I have to order that from Wrisco. I still get my full sheets from them. Like the others have said, it all depends on getting the right sales rep.

handl

We do regularly purchase some of our substrates from you. I like that your delivery truck is in our area 3 times a week. Your website is completely useless. We've never seen a sales rep. The "winter of 2005 catalog" is the only thing that we have to work with for your selection.