• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TUC-1 Takeup Problem Fixed!

Akashoto

We run a Roland SC545 EX Soljet II with the older model takeup TUC-1. Since I started last year we always had a problem with the takeup - the media will always eventually drift off to the left or right of the takeup tube and end on the floor. We always had to babysit a print over 2 meters. I searched every forum and the Roland website but there seems to be little info on this older model take up.

Thankfully we found the solution. Two simple spreader bars (that had been hiding in the attic for the last 5 years! The two previous designers before me had never known what they were and so we were lucky that they had not been thrown out!

Since we fitted them back we have completed two full print runs of 50 meters (54 yards - 15 hour prints) each without ever having to touch the take up. We can now print overnight with confidence!!!! I hope this post helps any of those out there who have given up on their TUC-1!

Photos to follow!

Akashoto

Roland TUC-1 guides

Photos of guide bars on TUC-1

Attachments

• TUC-1 guides (1).jpg
    TUC-1 guides (1).jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 85
  • TUC-1 guides (2).jpg
    TUC-1 guides (2).jpg
    306 KB · Views: 74
  • TUC-1 guides (3).jpg