• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Turn down work

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm too busy saying "NO" to people who took massive PPP $$ while the same day posting about how well they are doing and thinking about buying another flatbed.
Says the guy who is super busy that took the EIDL. Only difference is I have employees and instead of cutting pay, I maintained their well above average income and we worked to overcome any downturn we were facing by revamping our offerings.

Btw, all of our Equipment purchases were made in 2019 using 2019 earned monies. This year we will do the same.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would just explain the possible issues and say no, you aren't comfortable. I say no often enough and sometimes the customer will let it slip that so-and-so also said no. Then you KNOW you made the right decision!

Jeremiah

I have found that when I compromise quality just to get the job, it comes back to me. I end up saying "I knew it ".

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Says the guy who is super busy that took the EIDL. Only difference is I have employees and instead of cutting pay, I maintained their well above average income and we worked to overcome any downturn we were facing by revamping our offerings.

Btw, all of our Equipment purchases were made in 2019 using 2019 earned monies. This year we will do the same.

You can't make things up to get weasel out of this one Christian. I never got any EIDL nor was I busy. You were the only one bragging about how busy you were and that you were one of the first to get your $$ and you wanted to expand. My business died for a few months but is doing great now

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Posted only days apart.

We filed Monday, took 30mins. Wednesday we had to fill out an additional doc, 10mins. Friday am my was in the account.

The funding has run out for this btw according to our 3 banks, so now the process will grind to a halt, again.

As for the SBA Coronavirus Disaster loan 7b addendum, that is a whole other story. 2 weeks, no response from the SBA. Now our back notified us that the banks may be handling these loans due to overwhelming response.

I have a $300,000 credit limit across my two business cards and we max it out on the regular, I also regularly peak my personal cards over 50% and have a 785 credit score... We use our card for everything and we never carry a balance. It's not misinformation it's called credit manipulation. There is a game to it!
I also max out my points growth and have had over 7 million points so far in the last 9 years on my Chase cards.
We fortunately are not slow, in fact we are back to better than before and looking at hiring.

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
Instead of just saying "NO" give them options. Like..... If you clean the trailer up, and get it to this condition, I'll be happy to letter it for you. or
For an extra $$$ We can do it for you, or maybe even......We can apply your graphics to a sheet of ACM and you can bolt it to the side of the trailer.

Riveting an ACM panel onto the truck is exactly what I was thinking. Showing the customer that you want to give them viable options and educating them is going to score you a customer way more than just listing the reasons why what they want isn't going to work.