Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Turn down work

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jeremiah, Oct 17, 2020.

1. John Miller

John Miller Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Branford, Connecticut
    The way I would handle this is to explain to the client the issues with working on the trailer. I'd offer a 4x8 or 4x10 sheet of ACP riveted to the sides with the design applied to them. I'd say "these panels will probably last longer than the trailer, when you buy a new one you can put these on it." If he still insisted on applying directly to the bad surface I would refuse the job. At least I will have offered a solution that I could stand behind.

2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Says the guy who is super busy that took the EIDL. Only difference is I have employees and instead of cutting pay, I maintained their well above average income and we worked to overcome any downturn we were facing by revamping our offerings.

Btw, all of our Equipment purchases were made in 2019 using 2019 earned monies. This year we will do the same.

3. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I would just explain the possible issues and say no, you aren't comfortable. I say no often enough and sometimes the customer will let it slip that so-and-so also said no. Then you KNOW you made the right decision!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I have found that when I compromise quality just to get the job, it comes back to me. I end up saying "I knew it ".

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    You can't make things up to get weasel out of this one Christian. I never got any EIDL nor was I busy. You were the only one bragging about how busy you were and that you were one of the first to get your $$ and you wanted to expand. My business died for a few months but is doing great now

6. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Posted only days apart.

7. SeeEmWhyKay

SeeEmWhyKay Print Plug & Pigment Procurer

Apr 22, 2020
    Fresno, Ca
    Riveting an ACM panel onto the truck is exactly what I was thinking. Showing the customer that you want to give them viable options and educating them is going to score you a customer way more than just listing the reasons why what they want isn't going to work.