• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Turn off Black on 62" Falcon Outdoor

Wildpony

I am loosing my black and need to get a new head. But until I get it replaced is there a way to turn off the black and just print black using CMY? All 5 of the other colors look fine when I do a nozzle check. It's only Black that is hitting at about 75%. I need to print something solid black this week if I can before I swap heads out. I have already changed out the maintenance station and it did help, but now time for the head. Right now if I print solid black, it comes out with a greenish tint.
Thanks

bmatlock5

before you change the head, you might try a damper if you have not already. i had a black problem i thought and tech guy thought was a bad head but when he came out, he changed the damper and that fixed that problem. just a thought

Wildpony

before you change the head, you might try a damper if you have not already. i had a black problem i thought and tech guy thought was a bad head but when he came out, he changed the damper and that fixed that problem. just a thought
Definitely a good thought. I have not change the dampers out. They all have levels about the same and seem to be working the same. When I do my nozzle check, I can see that it's the same ones not firing everytime.