• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Turn off cross cut on Graphtec FC-8000?

idsignsil

We just recently upgraded to a used, but in great condition, Graphtec FC-8000. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic cross cut feature when it is done cutting a job?

blufftonsignguy

My thoughts is it has to be in the setup on the cut program. I just have no clue where it would be located in there. I have run the same machine for 3 yeas and I have had to manually cross cut since it was set up by the rep. Wish I could help more

idsignsil

I have looked through the setting in my cut program, using Gerber Omega Composer 4.0. I am wondering if it is in the service mode settings?

blufftonsignguy

It very well could be. I am not at my cutter so I can't look anything up for you until tomorrow. I use the cutting program that comes with the cutter, so I control everything through it. You can set it up manually on the cutter screen itself. If you haven't found a solution, I will look at my book and into it tomorrow to try and help you out more.

idsignsil

Ok, I have looked through all of the manuals and also all of the options on the machine itself. As well as gone into the machine in maintenance mode, but I still can't find how to turn the cross cut off. Unless I am just missing something, which could be a possibility, we are really busy and running like crazy. There has to be a way to do it, if blufftonsignguy has to do it manually.

I am cutting out of Gerber's Omega/Composer 4.0, and there is not an option in there for the cross cut. Unless anyone has any ideas, my next step is to get in touch with Graphtec.

Snydo

Pretty sure your software has to be telling it to cut off after the job. Under the TOOL SETTING menu, go to CONDITION PRIORITY and try changing it to MANUAL...this should turn auto-cut off. Just be aware that you need to set your conditions(speed/force) at the Graphtec now and not in your Omega software. Best of luck.

Snydo

Or you may have apparel mode on?

Attachments

• graphtec cross cut.PNG
    graphtec cross cut.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 351

idsignsil

Snydo is the winner. It was set to apparel mode. Turned it off and now everything is peachy. :thankyou: Figured it was something stupid that I missed setting it up.