Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn off Perff Cut FC8600

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by IndependentPrint2019, Feb 18, 2019.

1. IndependentPrint2019

IndependentPrint2019 New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Boca Raton, FL
    Not sure how it was set up, but I anytime I set up a cut contour it automatically cuts as a perff cut. Is there a way to manually turn this off on the machine itself?

Fairly new to this operating system and machine. Appreciate the help!

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    You either need to change the condition on the machine back to Condition 1 or tell your software to cut as Condition 1. That's most likely the issue. What software are you using?

3. IndependentPrint2019

Jan 21, 2019
    Boca Raton, FL
    Using Flexi/Production Manager 12

4. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Yeah, make sure your telling the CutContour to use Condition 1

5. AGCharlotte

AGCharlotte Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Charlotte, NC
    In CutMaster, the cutting "type" is different from the condition settings so I'm not sure if Flexi works the same way. Condition is only speed/force/acceleration/offset at the machine level.

6. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    perf cut i think is line type and can be turned on and off in any of the conditions, i find the graphtec menus hard work
    so set a condition that is just normal cut only say condition 2 as con 1 should be pen only
    set con 3 for perf cutting
    so you could have two files 1 sent as con 2 to do a normal contour cut return to origin then send perfcut file as con 3
    thats how i do it on a older type of graphtec.
    if the machine is set up well the two cut files could be the same so first trip round is normal cut second trip round perfs the backing paper as the vinyl is already cut.

7. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Wooly is correct. I think default is Con 2 for regular and 3 for perf. I reset 1-5 for my own needs so I'm used to switching back to 1.

8. IndependentPrint2019

Jan 21, 2019
    Boca Raton, FL
    Problem solved. Ended up going back to default settings, cut and alignment have been back on track since. Only thing that never changes is the cast laminate makes the registration a pain to read so I have to turn the lights down when I run it.

Appreciate the assistance and timely responses.