• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Turn off the preview in X5?

Joe Diaz

Does anyone know how to turn off the preview when you are exporting bitmaps in coreldraw X5. I have a feeling if I could have that shut off by default It would shave some time off of exporting images. Exporting images take twice as long as it did in X3, if not longer. Every-time I make a change to the settings of the image I want to export (like size, dpi, etc...) I have to wait for the preview to refresh. You multiply that by the amount of graphics I export in a day and it adds up.

drive

I typically size anything to 5" x 3" (ish) RGB at 300dpi for a proof. That keeps the size down to email friendly proportions. Then I don't have to wait for the rendering, which I do agree is very slow.
Otherwise, I didn't see anything yet to allow that.

drive

Coreldraw forums might give you some relief: "https://192.210.65.84/forums/t/24340.aspx"
Save a low-res preset so the initial jpg rendering isnt at 300 dpi!

i love google

Xskimo

If you are exporting to .jpg, you can check the box that reads, “Do not show filter dialog” to bypass the preview window and dialog box.

if this is what you were asking, and if not....oops, sorry. :)