• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Turnaround Times

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
if i do vinyl app on the coro, my total is within $100 of gino...but i would send out the coro to be printed...doing that would bring my cost down to around $750......i tell all customer's turnaround time is about two weeks, but that is dependent on the proof approval.....usually i'm around 1-1.5 weeks from proof approval....can definitely get it done sooner, but there will be a 25% rush charge

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Not in the red by a long shot.

$20 for that one sheet of coro
$40 for the Mag Material
$40 for Vinyl and Tape
5 Hours MAX for design, tape and apply time @ $30 an hour.
Throw in an extra $50 for the extra design time
That's $300 right there. $600 would be decent for this order.
If I got it approved fast, could easily get this out in 3 hours.

that's part of the problem....i'm at $60 an hour

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, but I don’t go into any pricing structures or methods out here where anybody can see this sort of thing. This is just not the place… or I should say ‘I’ won’t conduct business for the whole world to see. Check out the ‘Premier’ section. I’m sure Fred will show you how to enter.

I will say this however……

Based on some of your pricing…. there're more backyard mechanics here than I thought. That’s not a slap in the face by any means, but you’re the type people not set up for true business and when you all go out of business, there’s just a next generation of you lowballers ready to go still lower yet.

You’re only hurting yourselves by not understanding business and business techniques. :popcorn:

Based on what some of you said….
If you go to McDonald’s for a Happy Meal and you super size it….. why are you only paying a little more for almost half again everything ??
Because you already paid for it the first time and you’re too lazy to make it at home yourself for less money totally. Therefore, any consumer is willing to pay for something they can’t produce. If you fear the customer is going down the street and get it done cheaper…..?? Let ‘em. Let them go out of business doing the impossible [or ridiculous] while you make a better grade, service and designed sign for the ‘going market’ rate on such a job.

Start getting what you should and stop lowballing yourself.

:Oops:Oh yeah, the day I see someone put out 20pcs 18” x 24” sides of two color vinyl [and as she mentioned… heavy copy] and 8 magnetic sign is 5 hours is the day I’m watching you do it all in digital print mode…. not cut, weed, tape and apply mode.

sarge

i am totally blown away with some of the prices quoted here .. i might charge $500 - $600 tops .. anyway .. i go with the 2 day turn around time .. but that has to be put at the eand of current jobs .. only special customers will get a fast turn around .. and i never charge extra .. however, if i get one of those customers that try to bully me .. i smile and charge them 4x normal with cash up front and if they still flip me poop, i then drag my ass

TonyHoles

Anything 10 and over I outsource and I pay about $4 or $5 each. That way you can work on more profitable jobs. 18x24 coro jobs are super cheap and can take up too much time. Outsourcing and marking up can still be very profitable.

ashford

Yeah, just for fun I ran the numbers. We would be in the $1000 range as well.
For turn around time, we (almost always) guarantee two to three days. Real Estate is 24 hour turn around.

Quality, cost, or speed. They get two out of three, and we refuse to lower quality.

ndemond

Next time before you cut, make 10 1" squares and send them to the plotter. When finished if you can not remove that whole piece in one pull, adjust your blade till you can or put in a new one. It will save you hours. Also a nice helvetica is SO much easier to weed.

A 7-10 day turnaround on something like this is normal. You can do it as time sees fit and still get other jobs going.

The higher pricing (above) is right on. The mags alone would be a little less than 1/2 of Gino's quote.

Nancy