• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tutoral on replacing a DX-4 head in a SP-300 or othe models of VersaCamm printers

Jim Hill

Just wondering if anyone knows of anything other then the Roland Service Manual for the SP-300 for changing the heads.

I know that there is a supplier who sells the DX-4 heads and they have instructions they supply but I not seen them yet.

Jim

player

Roland service tech. I would price the difference they charge to install your head and do all the servicing and maintenance on you printer. If it is between $2-$400 I would pay them. Full warranty, no hassles, up and running etc...

Sign Works

The instructions that solventinkjet.com provides are identical to the service manual.
Chapter 3 Head Replacement - these are the detailed instructions for head replacement.
I did this right along side of ex Roland tech (stayed in touch with the guy who did the initial set-up on my printer). When all was completed what we had done was exactly what is outlined in the service manual, nothing more. Never looked back at the expense and printer has printed beautifully ever since, even the black. I am extremely careful to avoid any head strikes so that I don't end up with deflected nozzles again.

Jim Hill

Player

The Roland dealer is about 10 minutes from me but wants a $300.00 dollar trip charge does that answer your question on why I am not crazy about using them.

Jim

player

The Roland dealer is about 10 minutes from me but wants a $300.00 dollar trip charge does that answer your question on why I am not crazy about using them.

Jim

Call Roland service at the head office and see if that charge is authorized and if there are other techs that are near. $300 for 10 minutes seems pricey.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
If you only need replace the head, this file maybe useful.

Brent

Attachments

• DX4 head replacement Roland.pdf
    973.1 KB · Views: 133