• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tutorials on Car Wraps

deejay

Was wondering if anyone could share with me some good tutorials or links in laying out a car wrap. Im familiar with the design process but want to make sure everything gets printed correctly.

Thanks
DJ

xxaxx

Start off with a good template to help lay it out (we use pro vehicle outlines and they are very nice), then just design the layout as a large rectangle over the template, make sure to add plenty of bleed (depending on how curvy the vehicle is it could even be like 5" extra on each side), and the most important thing is hand measure the vehicle to know exactly where text and things need to lie to avoid being cutoff in wheel wells or in door handles etc. don't trust the templates for the final print.

Pretty easy, just check and double check those measurements and you should be fine.