• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tv through the computer?

GARY CULY

anyone get tv through there computer? there is a software download on e-bay [3.95] to get tv streaming through internet i guess ..i dont understand any help appreciated .....i dont have cable at shop ,so will this get tv comming through the old computer i use for internet service? hook up a larger monitor to watch? just asking ,mayby someone has done this..sounds fishy

Replicator

I paid about $100 for 2 of my computers

for a USB TV adapter from Hauppaugge

(simple USB to Cable connection) . . .

Attachments

• tv.png
    tv.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 144

Baz

I have a tv tuner card in one of my pc's at the shop with a satellite dish hoocked up to it. Love to work late and have a hockey game playing or on some days i just have CNN playing on it .. (CNN is no good nowadays with all the election crap going on.)

MrKoob

From Ebay? Probably "..too good to be, probably is.." situation. A couple of Internet options include Slingbox, Joost (not live and kind of crappy programming), simple answer would be to do what the others are saying and get the Happauge Tuner Card. I'd go for the HD card, if you can pick up any stations in your area with "rabbit ears". That would be the only limitation, which is picking up signals over the air.

GK

if you can pick up any stations in your area with "rabbit ears". That would be the only limitation, which is picking up signals over the air.

which will be completely phased out by the FCC by the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009.

GARY CULY

ok hang on men ,i think i worded this wrong ...sorry ...now IF ihad cable or a satalite i would jst need a tv ....thats what i getting at ..i only have dsl phone internet at shop.that comes out of the wall ,plugs into this puter... is there a way to pipe tv through the internet? that what i was thinking that program done ...hooked up live feed from channels to show through the internet ..
now im figuring that some are laughing right now[well i m chuckling at myself also so..] is it even possible to get tv through the internet? without cable or sat dishes?
appreciate all the answers even though its not signwriting question
G.Culy
DH SIGNS
WWW.HIPSTICKER.COM

MrKoob

which will be completely phased out by the FCC by the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009.

Part of this has been a bit misleading, probably perpetuated by slackers in the Digital Conversion, but no, over the air reception will have to remain. Only the signal format will change. By slackers I mean manufacturers, not us the viewers.

The format will officially change from Analog to Digital. (Kind of like when changing from an old analog cell phone to today's digital phones) You'll either have to buy a "digital ready" TV like an HDTV, or a converter box to receive the "over-the-air" digital signal.

I suggested to the original poster to get the HD version so he won't have to worry about it when the change happens.

But the Over-the-Air broadcasts will remain.

There was recently a very long post about this:

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26271&highlight=government

For more information, visit:

https://www.dtv2009.gov/AboutProgram.aspx

OldPaint

a TV CARD...is your simplest way to go.
i have the tv cable company for internet service, still use the card. just put a spliter on the cable and plug into the card...load software and your monitor is now a tv.
wife won a 19" LCD wide screen TV at a xmas party....it is now her COMPUTER MONITOR,if i run a TV cable to it...then shes got both.

MrKoob

Oh.... ok then. Google "slingbox", "iptv", or "internet TV", such devices do exist, I just can't remember the specific names.

ok hang on men ,i think i worded this wrong ...sorry ...now IF ihad cable or a satalite i would jst need a tv ....thats what i getting at ..i only have dsl phone internet at shop.that comes out of the wall ,plugs into this puter... is there a way to pipe tv through the internet? that what i was thinking that program done ...hooked up live feed from channels to show through the internet ..
now im figuring that some are laughing right now[well i m chuckling at myself also so..] is it even possible to get tv through the internet? without cable or sat dishes?
appreciate all the answers even though its not signwriting question
G.Culy
DH SIGNS
WWW.HIPSTICKER.COM

GARY CULY

THANK YOU KCKOOB! thats what i was gettin at....now i know its possible....thanks for links REPLICATOR..and OP go(&ammit i dont have CABLE if i had cable i just plug it into a t.v. goofy!

GK

gotta love their legal disclaimer lol

Great Stuff TV Doesn't Host Any Content On It's Servers.
Users Who Upload To These Websites Agree Not
To Upload Illegal Content To Their Accounts.
All Video Links Point To Content Hosted on Online Video Hosting Sites.
We Do Not Upload Any Videos

GARY CULY

im gonna run out here to circut city .its not far ,,they have that slingbox ..ill quiz the man there ......thank you all for your coments ..i swear ,between everyone on here theres a answer for anything ....signwriters are just smart people !

OldPaint

reps got a t-shirt.
"if you cant dazzel em with briliance...HE CAN BAFFLE EM WITH B.S.)))))))))))
i got that shirt somewhere along with my MUSHTACH RIDES...one)))))))