Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two color on static cling ?'s

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by JETsignworks, Mar 17, 2005.

1. JETsignworks

JETsignworks Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Hello again, When my materials come in, I will be printing red and white on clear static cling.(With my Edge I)

My item is going to look like a Haz-Mat flammable liquids placard, ie: red with white letters/flame graphic.

My questions are:

1.Should I print red with the letters/graphic knocked out then flood coat with white?

2: Should I print the opposite .... White letters/graphic then flood coat with red?....... or does it really matter.......

3. Either way, how do I get Flexi to tell my Edge to print a specific color without knocking out the other color?

As always, Thank you

ps. I do understand to print it like a reverse image in order to show correctly on the cling side(for inside widow application)

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    In Omega I would assign the red to overprint the white in Composer then mirror and reverse print order in GSPPlot. You'll have to translate that into Flexi terms.