• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two exact same printers and two same software but....getting different result

jdwilliams1

We have two fairly new mimaki jfx200 2531 and run rasterlink 6 on both and all of the sudden one of them is not printing a gradient the correct or normal way. I have attached images and seeking some help. Bear in ming these are the exact same files and both printers are ran with independent computers by usb cable. Also bear in mind they both use to print this file with no issues at all.

Any thoughts, the gradient on the one is more faded and you can see the outline of the gradient area for some reason rather than it just fading correctly like the other image. You can see the arrow below on the first image and the second image it from the printer that is printing correct.
Inked20191024_091227_LI.jpg
20191024_091747.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
First thing that came to my mind is that the rendering intents are mismatched in one of the Rasterlinks. Have you changed any settings recently?

jdwilliams1

Two questions. Why not just run the same job on the same machine and/or send the same job from one computer to both machines?

Two questions. Why not just run the same job on the same machine and/or send the same job from one computer to both machines?

The printers are in two areas of the shop and would prefer to print any job we have on any of our printers rather than picking a choosing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I am not sure can you advise as to where i might find that setting Solventinkjet?

It's in the Quality tab where you choose your profile. To the right of the profile window you should see Color Matching. Look at the settings for Illustration and Image. If they are the same, it should be good. If they are different, that could be causing the issue.

Andy D

First thing that came to my mind is that the rendering intents are mismatched in one of the Rasterlinks. Have you changed any settings recently?
That's the only thing I think it could be, even with a update, I doubt it would cause that. I would screen capture every setting options page on the computer that's printing correctly, print them off and make sure they're both the same. Solventinkjet, correct me if I'm wrong, but to be safe
re-open the file on both rip computers and re-rip them.

jdwilliams1

It's in the Quality tab where you choose your profile. To the right of the profile window you should see Color Matching. Look at the settings for Illustration and Image. If they are the same, it should be good. If they are different, that could be causing the issue.

Everything is exactly the same. I am at a loss. Cannot figure this out. It seems like it must be a random update because both printers were printing the same file correctly.

I did notice one computer rasterlink version is 5.16 and the one with the issue is version 5.15. So i will try an update later today

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Everything is exactly the same. I am at a loss. Cannot figure this out. It seems like it must be a random update because both printers were printing the same file correctly.

I did notice one computer rasterlink version is 5.16 and the one with the issue is version 5.15. So i will try an update later today

Maybe try printing to the bad printer with the good computer. That way you can start to see if the problem is software or printer.