• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two-faced van

tintshopplus

So i've got a van with a back window on the passenger side and a solid panel on the driver's side. So am I to assume that the best way to approach a lettering layout on this van is a different layout on each side? Right?

WrapperX

Not necessaryily - just use View through for the window - it will look different color wise but that happens. Just explain that the material and effect is different but it still gets the point across.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you are serious, then figure out a design for the driver's side and scale it down to fit the passenger side. Then scale it down again... for the back doors.

signgal

I don't have a problem with different layouts on each side. I think it looks forced otherwise but my husband is OCD and can't stand it. I think it's up to the person who has to look at it everyday lol

Craig Sjoquist

Depends ...customer wants 2 different layouts or you just design as whole van is a sign
both are correct depends on image you want.

ddubia

I agree with Gino. Have pretty much always done it that way. Design for the large driver's side and scale down for the other sizes. I wouldn't even give the customer another option unless he brought it up.

Why do a different layout just because the size is different?

Likewise, why force the larger size onto an irregular space by overlapping the window in a different material? Granted, I've seen it done and it isn't all that horrible, but I prefer not doing it.

The job goes faster using Gino's method and the passenger side doesn't look "forced".

Just my opinion. To each his own.