• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two installs of onyx go+ on same license?

artifacture

I have a laser printer and our flatbed, both are supported by onyx and fit on the go+ license (2 printers, 3 rip engines. However, they’re in totally different locations in the building. Can I have two installs of the software if each only drive one printer from each?

netsol

I have a laser printer and our flatbed, both are supported by onyx and fit on the go+ license (2 printers, 3 rip engines. However, they’re in totally different locations in the building. Can I have two installs of the software if each only drive one printer from each?
You know network printing has been common for about 35 years, right?
i‘m not sure your choice of printer location voids their rights under the licensing

run a piece of wire

artifacture

They're on the same network. But typically, I send one page as a test print, and then send the rest. Or a job consists of multiple short runs and the printer doesn't have an interface to control that. I don't want to have to walk back and forth across the whole shop to access the computer Onyx is installed on. I can install VNC if I need to, and really, I can just install it on a second computer and see if it works, but I thought someone might know the answer.

netsol

Hopefully it isn’t like flexi.
you are onky allowed to activate/ deactivate 6 times in a year (or so i am told)

i don’t know how they validate activation. Typically any rip is very protective about multiple activations
good luck with this

ikarasu

I don't believe onyx go allows this... You'll need a perpetual license on onyx thrive. Onyx thrive gives you 4 rips... you can limit it to 2, and then install it on 2 computers, so each computer has "2 rips at once" kind of. Thats over simplifying it... but Thrive allows it, and go / production house does not unfortunatelly.

richsweeney

We have the same situation. Pc1 has the dongle. The licensing software has to be installed on both machines. If the first machine gets turned off then the 2nd copy on onyx will not work. We has issues time to time with the 2 computers not being able to talk to each other. You may need to hire a IT person. We use static ip's mostly.

ikarasu

Don't you have a server? The dongle doesnt need to be on a computer with the software running... You could put it on a server, or just plug it into a cheap $50 computer and keep it on all the time.

The new thrive is now dongleless... it's nice as you dont have to worry about that issue (I believe). I have it installed on only 1 PC at work, so I cant confirm... but now it uses a network license instead of a usb dongle...so in theory it shouldnt matter anymore

artifacture

The Onyx rep confirmed that this isn't possible. I guess I'll just setup a PC next to the laser printer that can remotely control the other one.