• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two new questions...

Jim Cancil

Simple one: When you put a knife in the holder .. how tight do you screw it down? ..how far should it extend?

Less simple: I need to do a full restart of the D75R cutter when I send a second job to the cutter from FlexiSign. I have used Flexi8 Starter for Mac for the past week because it is dead easy to do simple lettering. (MacSign bridge software is waiting for me to learn DRAW)

'Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Jim

FatCat

http://www.summa.be/download/oldcut_en.pdf
Scroll down to page 1.15

Basically, load a standard cast or calendared vinyl that you use regularly and make a test cut. Look for the vinyl to be cut clean through with a slight indention/mark on the backing paper. If the knife is slitting/cutting through the backing paper you have your knife set too deep. If the vinyl is not cutting cleanly, or is hard to weed then you probably don't have it set deep enough. (Also, be sure that your force and speed settings are appropriate for the material you are cutting.)

FWIW - I routinely switch blade depth on my Summa depending on what I am cutting. Typically it is always set to cut most calendared/cast vinyls, and then I have to adjust (usually lengthen) the blade to account for laminated prints, paint mask, etc.

Jim Cancil

signage.. if that was a question: Oracal 651

It seems to work OK at: 6IPS @ 45grams. ..I put a new 'Clean Cut' blade in it, as I did not know what, or how much, the fellow before me cut.

I also cut some Sail numbering cloth (sticky-backed polyester) just to see .. It did that too but small letters are an even bigger PITA than with vinyl.

In neither case am I cutting the paper behind .. but can can weed OK. I hate even the thought of cutting into the machine!

FC: I'll check that manual. Thanks.

Jim

Jim Cancil

sinage: Eye see .. says the Blind Man! That's what you meant... I had to see an image in the manual.

Ahem, ... I'll spend a little more time with than PDF file ..before I come back wearing my clown suit again.

Jim