• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two New Race Car Wraps>>>

54warrior

Here are two cars done recently.

Comments/critique are appreciated.

Attachments

• blose2k10.jpg
    blose2k10.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Feder2k10.jpg
    Feder2k10.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 95

JManes7

I like them both, but to be honest i am not a fan of black numbers. Unless its on a plain white car the numbers seem to blend on the track. I'm not sayin this one will but alot do. :clapping:

ova

At night under the lights, the number on the 5 car will look like a black square. There's not enough outline to divide the black. It might look OK in the sun standing five feet back, but not so good at night.

Two easy ways to fix would be (1]) in-lay a red flourecent over the black. Don't use regular red unless it has a backing to keep the black from bleeding through. A dull red will look the same as black at night. (2) Cut some white reflective strips the same width as the white outline and cover the white. When the track lights hit it, the outline will light up and it will look like a 5.

Just trying to help.

54warrior

Thanks folks.

It's not hard to read when it's on the front stretch, however the back stretch is a different story. Although there aren't too many cars #'s that are readable on the backstretch.

Here's a "darker" photo that one of my photog friends took this weekend... as you can see it's banged up already, LOL

Attachments

• DSC_0504 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0504 (Medium).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 90

ova

That's taken with a flash and the guy is probably only 20 or so feet away. Some of those track photo guys are somewhat suicidal when it comes to getting a good picture.

Wait until the car is across the track and check out the number with only the track lights. If it looks OK, than go with it.

Looks like you might be in for some more $$$$ before mid-season from this guy.

fisheye48

Throw a little neon on the #5 and make it pop off the car...and the same on the 45...some bright colors attracts the eye...i like the yellow but a few lines of chrome, neon or something to make you look the car over