• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Two-sided banner EFI Pro 16H

balooohalooo

We're running an EFI Pro 16H with Fiery.
Anyone have success running 2-sided banners? I just can't wrap my head around how to line it up since it isn't rigid material and won't use the fence to help me gauge where to start side two. Thx!

Superior_Adam

2 sided printing on this machine will be tough. You will need to use the fence to line it up to make sure it starts in the exact same spot on the feed. You will also have a hard time getting it lined up exactly centered on media. if you are not exactly centered on the media when you flip it over it will not line up. Make sure your leading edge is perfectly square and make on the fence where you have it lined up. If your machine is set up good on the fence stop I would use that and run it like rigid media and use the back table.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
I have no issue doing double sided. Mark your starting point on side one. Print. When you flip your media. Don’t move the left side locking collar. Lay the material on the belt, line your mark up, and print.

bworth1986

Im Having a real issue with just trying to print double sided styrene board. Im attempting to print letter size menus with bleed 20 up on 4 foot by 4 foot sheets to cut them out and i get it perfectly centered on the first print then i flip it and put it against the fence guard just like the other way and print the back side only to find out they dont match up on x or y axis. My files are perfectly centered and the exact same size through fiery xp but no matter what i cant get them to line up and yes my right rigid edge is set correctly.

Any insight would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! due to Im at a standstill on this job!!!!!!!!

Nickprints

Im Having a real issue with just trying to print double sided styrene board. Im attempting to print letter size menus with bleed 20 up on 4 foot by 4 foot sheets to cut them out and i get it perfectly centered on the first print then i flip it and put it against the fence guard just like the other way and print the back side only to find out they dont match up on x or y axis. My files are perfectly centered and the exact same size through fiery xp but no matter what i cant get them to line up and yes my right rigid edge is set correctly.

Any insight would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! due to Im at a standstill on this job!!!!!!!!
what machine are you using my friend?

Nickprints

Also could you use precuts and not worry about centering?

Nickprints

I'm Using EFI 16H pro with Fiery xf ripping
perfect... dont worry about the centering option. Rip this twice, the second time using fiery mirror the image. Line the front up how you normally would and print using the normal side of the fence. when you get to the back side you will mirror again using vutek software after rip then use your right gaurd instead of your left

bworth1986

I have no issue doing double sided. Mark your starting point on side one. Print. When you flip your media. Don’t move the left side locking collar. Lay the material on the belt, line your mark up, and print.
Are you using roll to roll. as in print the first side to the front take up real with non printed side out on the take up real. then when it is done taking that real to the back to print the other side? do you have to have slack on the front and back to attach it to the reals? so the end of it doesn't just come off the core when almost done?

Superior_Adam

If you are printing 2 sided on any substrate you need to make sure you have an exact square piece of material. We typically will pre cut pieces on our Zund to ensure that we have perfect material. We struggled before doing that but have not had any issues since. 1/8" off on the material cand throw a double sided print registration off.

bworth1986

If you are printing 2 sided on any substrate you need to make sure you have an exact square piece of material. We typically will pre cut pieces on our Zund to ensure that we have perfect material. We struggled before doing that but have not had any issues since. 1/8" off on the material cand throw a double sided print registration off.
We learned that the hard way as well. We use a T Stake to make sure we have perfect 90 degrees before we push it up to the fence. Now we are having issues with skewing on big sheets of card stock!!!