• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two sided window decals

Welder.man

I had a phone call today from a customer that needs some arrow shaped decals made to put on glass sliding doors, He needs them to be blue arrows with his company info printed on each side so it can be read from either inside or outside.

Can anyone advise me on how to go about doing this, I have some sample decals that were made on a Gerber FX that go on a windscreen that can be read from either direction, I am thinking reverse print on clear and on some blue than laminate together and contour cut both together.

Thanks

signage

Try the search feature, here this may help you.

You need to mirror one side and change order
then print White something for blockout then white again
then the other side image.

ucmj22

I did something similar not too long ago. I printed on static cling then laminated the face with clear. Then I printed on white cal w/ a clear adhesive and laminated that to the back of the cling, so I had a face adhearing cling decal with an image facing in as well.

schmitty

Some software will do this automatically, but you need to layer the foil to achieve your desired results, blocking out the other side typically with layers of white and grey - Basically sandwiching your two viewable graphics with a layer of white, grey, white. (on clear)

Hope this makes sense. Good Luck!

omgsideburns

On a Gerber Edge, you can print it reverse > flood it white> print it normal..

If you don't have a foil printer, you can print it reverse on clear, then print it on white regularly and just stick the white on the clear.. essentially the same thing just adding an extra step/material.

jasonx

We print reverse on clear and then onto a white blockout material that has a white adhesive side. Laminate them together and cut.

Welder.man

Thanks everyone for the advise I will give it a go on our Edge. I am downloading the Taking The Mystery Out Of Printing book as I type and will give a good reading before I start.

Tim Aucoin

On a Gerber Edge, you can print it reverse > flood it white> print it normal..

If you don't have a foil printer, you can print it reverse on clear, then print it on white regularly and just stick the white on the clear.. essentially the same thing just adding an extra step/material.

What he said!! I've had success with flood white in between on several occasions! :thumb:

Welder.man

Thanks so much everyone. I just printed these decals on my Gerber edge and they worked great.

I reverse printed the text - laid down a solid blue, White and one more layer of blue, than printed the text again but the correct way around and contour cut the arrow shape.

Due to the advise they only took me 5 minutes.

Tel

I do them the same way you described basically but sometimes because of the colours we use white in the middle, sometimes you will get away with double printing the white, a good trick is to print silver between the two white coats, yours worked well because of the blue. It's all in the colours but with an edge its reverse print>floodcoats>normal print on clear vinyl or static cling. I have also printed two seperate graphics one reverse and one normal and stuck blockout vinyl over the back of the reversed print then stuck the normal print on the back of the blockout then stuck it to the glass door.
regards
Tel