• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Type in Flexi 8.1

Bigdawg

Just Me
Finally have the opportunity to work in Flexi - and you were right Fred, it IS Illustrator on steroids! I love it!

One thing driving me crazy is the word and letter spacing when I do any type. On nearly all the fonts the letter spacing seems to be too much between characters and the word spacing is too little. I am spending a lot of time tweaking that I wouldn't spend in another program because of it.

Is this normal or is there some place to set the defaults differently? Or am I just crazy? (okay - maybe I am but specifically in regards to this :smile:)

FT1

Not sure which version you are using but there are two things you should look at to help. On the top under text, go to kerning and look to see what is checked. Also if you go to File, workspace you can change your window view to what you are use to. I hope that works for you

grafxxx

if you open the design manger when you click on the text make sure that the kerning is @100% hope that helps oh and after you do that click the save button. so it remembers your setting.

LittleSnakey

I think you need to uncheck the box that is for automatic line spacing in the text tool, then adjust the spacing as needed.

Samm

if you open the design manger when you click on the text make sure that the kerning is @100% hope that helps oh and after you do that click the save button. so it remembers your setting.

Also check in the DM that the letter spacing is set to 0.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Letter spacing and everything in the DM appears to be correct. It's worse on some fonts then others, but I'll live with it - I do a lot of hand kerning anyway (throw back to the old typesetter days), just wondered if I was missing something.

Thanks all for your help

Matthew Scher

I did some checking and it appears that the letter spacing in Flexi matches that of Adobe Illustrator. Flexi 5.x used different (incorrect) letter spacing however, so don't use that as a means of comparison.

If you do see a difference with spacing versus Illustrator, please post the details of what font was used, plus create an EPS file with the text converted to outlines so we can take a closer look.