• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Type of vinyl for temporary prices on vehicles

GVP

Greetings!

Can anyone recommend a suitable vinyl for this - the large prices that the dealers are putting down the side of their new vehicles "$23,000", etc. I would assume that it needs to be a vinyl that can be removed fairly easily and without damage?

Thanks!

GVP

Thanks OP - not the windows, though - down the length of the body. Don't think static cling would work like that?

PS. Glad your doing ok!

WrapperX

Maybe something like Avery Transit Vinyl - it's rated up to 6 mos. So it's gotta a temporary adhesive - Anything like that would work. It's printable too. I don't know if they have colored stock rolls - it might all be printable.

Robert M

Sign AD

I have a product that is 4mil calandered film, has a tack about 50% of regular vinyl, will cleanly remove for up to one year. PM me for a sample

smdgrfx

If it is yellow, you can use the Avery vinyl mask. Removable adhesive. No mess. Comes in 48" roll. I use it for painting.

rfulford

Any transit vinyl would be ok like Busmark, MacTac Digitrans, or 3M IJ 36 would work.

Lexjet makes a product that might be worth a try called simple low tac. It would probably be easier for the layman to install than the above.

Mike F

You could always give PhotoTex a shot, it's removable and reusable, and leaves no residue. It's technically for wall graphics but I've heard of people using it on their vehicles, supposedly it also holds up pretty well to the elements. If you check out their website you can get a sample sent out to you, it's only a little 2x10 roll but it should be enough to do a test run.