• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Typing using french characters

mander0104

Good day all! I have to apply vinyl to some cloth sheets for a backdrop...irrelevant to question...but...I was wondering, can signlab type in french? The customer doesn't have a french computer at home and is able to bring up the french characters, but we tried on signlab and couldnt figure it out. Wondering if any of you know how to do this in signlab?? Otherwise i'll just have to put them in manually, which is no biggie, just time consuming!:Canada 2: :U Rock:

Jillbeans

Can you use the alt key?
For example, alt + 130 = é
Check your font charmap for the proper numbers.
Love....Jill

2NinerNiner2

I use the ALT + keyboard code for mine. Fire up Window's 'Character Map' program, select the font you are using and then click on the character you want to use; it will give you the Alt+number to enter or simply copy it and past it into your document. I know the main ones quite well but initially, I made a chart and printed it for reference.

Cheers!
Lyle

Rod

Use charmap to browse ascii characters

The language of your keyboard can be set through the Windows Control Panel, though that will only be useful if you are experienced with the specialized keystrokes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
In SignLab, you can right-click the Text Compose button to open the Font Detective, then choose and click the Select button. The entire font set will be displayed.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
However, I would recommend using the Windows Character Map utility. Just go Start menu >> Run, and type "charmap" in the Run dialog.<o:p></o:p>

Cheers,

Rod