Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typing using french characters

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by mander0104, Feb 26, 2007.

1. mander0104

mander0104 Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Good day all! I have to apply vinyl to some cloth sheets for a backdrop...irrelevant to question...but...I was wondering, can signlab type in french? The customer doesn't have a french computer at home and is able to bring up the french characters, but we tried on signlab and couldnt figure it out. Wondering if any of you know how to do this in signlab?? Otherwise i'll just have to put them in manually, which is no biggie, just time consuming!:Canada 2: :U Rock:

Tags:
  2. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Can you use the alt key?
    For example, alt + 130 = é
    Check your font charmap for the proper numbers.
    Love....Jill

3. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    I use the ALT + keyboard code for mine. Fire up Window's 'Character Map' program, select the font you are using and then click on the character you want to use; it will give you the Alt+number to enter or simply copy it and past it into your document. I know the main ones quite well but initially, I made a chart and printed it for reference.

Cheers!
    Lyle

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Give Jerry Lewis a call......

5. Rod

Rod Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Use charmap to browse ascii characters

The language of your keyboard can be set through the Windows Control Panel, though that will only be useful if you are experienced with the specialized keystrokes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    In SignLab, you can right-click the Text Compose button to open the Font Detective, then choose and click the Select button. The entire font set will be displayed.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    However, I would recommend using the Windows Character Map utility. Just go Start menu >> Run, and type "charmap" in the Run dialog.<o:p></o:p>

Cheers,

Rod