• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tyvek printing ???

Baz

Got a customer who would like to have a "roll" of mesh banner or something similar (im thinking something like Tyvek). A roll 36" x 150' with his logo printed every 4' or so ... He wants to be able to cut off whatever lenght he needs and attach it to construction fencing and be able to use it maybe a couple of time over then throw it away. So something disposable as well.

I told him to attach it means it would need to be hemmed top/bottom with grommets installed. Does anybody produce this kind of product or am i looking at printing a full roll of mesh material myself, having it hemmed the whole lenght of the roll and install grommets.

This is a large company and ordering more than one roll would not be out of the question also if the price is reasonable.

Anybody have any suggestions?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I think tyvek is more expensive than even a cheap mesh material.....is tyvek recyclable?? I know you can also go with woven PE and I believe that can be heat sealed or sewn on the perimeter. That is recyclable for sure.

Baz

Thanks for the reply ... Will be talking with some suppliers tomorow to see what is available.

Mosh

get some key banner material, it is good stuff and pretty cheap....eerr cost effective!!

Suz

Tyvek? Hmmm, looked it up (somebody told me they were offered a Tyvek banner and they said it was some kind of paper) Anyhow, mystery to me! Looks to be more expensive too. Not sure if there are any advantages to using it over the poly stuff, but I don't have any, so I'll quote what I have! :)

jmcnicoll

Tyvek is very nice material, prints great, is super strong and is recyclable. When it flaps in the wind it makes a lot more noise than vinyle banner. I've used both the Aqueous and solvent ink versions and both print great.

jim